Friday 2 September 2011

Cafe Hut with Mel and PBC#2

So my first review of a cafe experience happens like this.
I drive to town from work for my lunch break and park in Kingsgate and walk upto the Caffe Hut. It's a beautiful day and I have a notebook in my back pocket, A5 in size and it now goes everywhere with me. In my wallet is a couple of quid for coffee and parking and a mini pencil and an turquoise mini retractable pen.

Melanie Sian Vandesande one of the hardest working people I know serves me a double espresso and a cup of water and I sit in one of my favourite spots in town to write. It's warm and I have a view right up the King's Street. Mel is a friend but as a cafe review too her service is lovely and the coffee is beautiful, it is a little more acidic maybe because of the paper cups than some of the smoother multnational's espressos but I'm in the mood for it and I love it, it hits the sides and wakes me up (i'm still asleep at 11.30 ater being up like 5 hours). There is always a friendliness and a down to earth way at the Caffe Hut while sitting with the ladies who would have smoked behind the bike sheds about 60 years ago. I imagine there are some interesting stories in the heads of these customers. I'm thoroughly anti-smoking because my Dad died so young because of smoking and so I feel quite bizarre in a corner of smokedom but I like it.

Then I see Mel wander up to the cutest couple, elderly and in love... she returns with kind eyes and lovely words of her grandparents. I see them holding hands.

Alongside this I write the 1st 2 pages of Pure Bred Chihuahua #2 and so note the time and Mel and the coffee as a momentous occasion for me in this wonderful moment of coffee, sunshine and old romance and a great energy coming through my double espresso.

On this particular visit 2nd Sept 2011
Service-5 stars, coffee-4, Experience-5 out of 5

BTW Huddersfield is a great coffee hub Most coffee at most places s at a 4 or 5 standard ... I'll go into that when I review the cities

MZ :)

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your bloggs! In my head I can hear you saying the words, then giggling in the way only you can!!
    When we first met, coffee wasn't really a big part of my life....I have since developed a love of it, and it's really a weekend treat for me...so now I understand!!
    My oldest friend (we've been friends for about 35 years) always says she's going to write a book about the search for the perfect cappuccino (please don't steal her idea..lol) as it's a rare treat to find such a creature in the UK.
    Pleeeze keep up the coffee & cafe reviews...I love it!!
    Much love Katie C xxx

    ReplyDelete