Monday 10 October 2011

Coffeev, Huddersfield

Many years ago I am proud to say I saw Jez and Jim setting up a new coffee shop. Before which there was only the original Blue Rooms and after them The Mocca Stop which was situated across from the railway station where the Italian (ish) restaurant resides now. (is it ciao Bella?) Well the blue rooms espresso at the time was like filter coffee and although at the age of 17 this was an amazing bohemian place to dwell a while it went down and down and unfortunately the mocca stop just failed for lack of business nouse. Then I smelled the on coming of a new age and there it was. I knocked on the door and I was told by the Coffeev Owners that they were opening soon. If I walked around the block by the time I returned the coffee machine should be ready. I was really excited. Somehow knowing how I needed coffee to work and an atmosphere that added to ideas. It was actually exciting to know this place was here. Huddersfield had a base for ideas. Jim actually brought a massive dictionary in once describing his notion of what a coffee shop should be. 'Coffeehouse' and its definition being the bohemian home for ideas, and artistic beginnings! Not many coffeeshops begin like this! Isn't that great?! When I returned after my walk around the block in the grey morning, I think I had the first espresso served here.

Well today, as I like to write about my coffee stops I thought it time to write about the best Independent Coffee Shop I've been in. I went in today to write abit of a new novel about an Adolescent Minotaur. I have in the past done much storyboarding and script writing in the old Coffeev and in the new one. I have sadly not gone in as much as I used to lately because of the great thing about here. I know too many beautiful people here andso I don't have the right mind to work. It is sad that I have let the atmosphere become more of a reminiscence rather than a constant experience but I can't work too well here. Andso I wanted to say here how great a place it still is.

Served a double espresso and iced glass of water by James today was second to none. Perfect crema and a strong espresso that held everything together in a perfect cup.. A rainy day writing about deserts and Minotaurs to a perfect coffee made by a top bloke. His brother next to him Jeremy, funny, erudite and a Barista Viola genius! A gorgeous experience as always!

So sorry I cant frequent as much as I used to because I am obsessive work wanker but a little statement here to say how much I love the place!

God Bless
Marco



No comments:

Post a Comment