Tuesday 18 October 2011

MindPop #8 1/2 - A clip from 8 1/2 by FELLINI


I don't know if I can quite express how much I love 8 1/2 and La Dolce Vita. Such elegence, self consicous truth-making-film of that time and also such self-criticism of the idea in itself.
Fellini a major influence to great filmmakers of the future David Lynch, Baz Luhrmann, Terry Gilliam etc etc Me! :-) just ran rampant, brave in his artistic expression while creating characters and story of the era. The story of cool, of paparazzi (In fact I think the name was coined in the film La Dolce Vita) and fame, of art versus entertainment, truth versus fantasy while somehow blending all the above! A Fucking amazing feet!
The Coolest M.F. in film and a major reason why I make films. This is my favourite film of all time.
Love love

No comments:

Post a Comment